Monday, August 3, 2009

Trip to Galveston

Jay was in Las Vegas this past weekend so Emma and I went to visit our friends at their beach house in Galveston. We had a great time.

We left Friday afternoon and Emma started crying exactly 12 minutes into the 2 1/2 hr drive. Now that she is walking everywhere she HATES being confined to the carseat. I had to sing all of her songs to her and she finally fell asleep for the last 30 minutes. We grilled out Friday night and I chased Emma around. We were all sitting outside downstairs and Emma either wanted to go to the stairs and climb up (there were 15 steps of which she could climb up all of them!) or head directly towards the water. The beach house is right on a canal and there wasn't a fence, so Emma would have fallen down the big drop off to the water and mommy didn't want to risk having to jump in after her! She was tired and went to bed at 7pm!

Saturday we woke up and let Emma take her morning nap. We all packed up and went to the beach. Emma had so much fun playing in the sand and water. She immediately ran for the water. The waves kept knocking her over and she would get right back up and head into the wave again. One wave really knocked her over and pinned her under the water. I was right next to her but she had a terrified look on her face that I will never forget under the water as she took a couple gulps of saltwater. After that happened she stuck to playing in the sand. She had so much fun with the shovel and bucket. She had sand in every crevice of her body after the beach. It is still coming out of her ears and nose! Needless to say, we went back to the beach house and she was down for the count for her afternoon nap. All of us girls went next door to swim in the pool for a little while. We grilled our for dinner again Sat night.

Sunday we pretty much cleaned up the house, had lunch and got on the road at about 1. Again, Emma wouldn't sleep on the way home and was extremely fussy for 2 hrs. I kept singing to her and she loves that. I was never happier to see our house because I just couldn't sing another "Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed" verse.

Jay got home at 4am this morning. Yes, we did have to go to work this morning because he only came home up 18 bucks. Not enough for even a nice dinner, but I guess better than losing! Enjoy the photos!

Part of the crew going for a boat ride
Laura and GraceGrace and Emma


Sam and Jenni and baby Ava/Deaton!


OMG - is she not the cutest baby ever?


Mommy - look at me!

Sam and Jenni playing with Emma
Jenni and Grace

Emma with her shovel and bucket






Grace with her normal mauling of Emma





Now this is pure heaven - sand, sun and water


What is all this fuss about?

I can't see - which way is the water?

Emma with her two best pals - Grace and Eddie
The beachhouse
Modeling her cute crocs

She knows that she is supposed to point the remote to the TV. She even manages to change the channel occasionally.


2 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! i love her baby crocs, they are cute! I sing songs to Kole in the car too, but i can't imagine doing it for as long as you did!! I rented some "kid song" CDs at the library and am going to put some of the good ones on a CD for the car. I'm sick of singing "old mcDonald"...
    great pics, i love her in the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grace has a sweet ass on her I would love to see how far I can get in her while I fuckher pussywith my fingers

    ReplyDelete