Friday, August 7, 2009

2 New Teeth!

That's right. I peeped into Emma's mouth yesterday and there, way in the back, on the top, were 2 more teeth! It is very hard to tell if they are molars or incisors. No wonder why she wouldn't nap for Jeanette on Friday. Poor thing! Teeth count is up to 6.

Cute story from yesterday. I was folding laundry and "shaking" it out. I am sure most people do this, but I always shake the laundry before I fold it to get out the wrinkles. Emma had found a pair of my shorts and was walking all around the room while I was folding. The next thing I know I look at her and she is shaking the shorts just like I am! I about fell over laughing so hard! She kept doing it too - everytime I would shake she did too. It is amazing how fast children can learn things! This was definately my "warming of the heart" moment with Emma that day. Do other moms have those? There is at least one thing that she does everyday that to me is so spectacular and heart warming that I wonder how I ever made it through without her in my life!
This morning I spent about an hour blowing up her baby swimming pool (using the air compressor and my own hot air). It was so extremely hot outside and I thought she might enjoy a nice swim. Of course she hated it and started crying everytime I put her in. Instead we ended up playing with her water table and used her swing for a bit. I made some awesome shrimp and veggie kabobs for dinner and apple pie for dessert while she napped this afternoon. The worst part of the day came when we were outside in the backyard just before Jay got home from work. I thought we would kill some time just walking around in the backyard since Emma LOVES to be outside. She started running for the pond so I picked her up and was pointing to the ducks in the pond. Next thing I know I am swarmed with red ants! UGH! I got about 10 bites and my feet were on instant fire. Worst thing is that I know better than to not watch where I walk. The golf course crew came and mowed this morning and knocked over all of the hills, therefore I didn't see any! I was so mad that I instantly opened a bottle of wine. A couple glasses of Chardonnay does take the edge off from the bites!

Jay and I don't have too many plans for the weekend. We may take Emma to a local splash park tomorrow just to get out. We have our British friends, Nathan and Anni, who live in Houston, coming to visit next weekend. We always enjoy spending time with them and they just found out that they are being transferred to Qatar. It will be nice to see them before they go.

Emma's lonely kiddie pool. She had no interest in playing in it.

Favorite new play space - in the snack drawer. She loves to take the clips off from the cereal and chips. Notice all of the bags I had to take from her and put up on the counter on the right. She thought it might be OK if I let her walk around with the Raisin Bran bag without the clip on.

Bath time!



4 comments:

  1. good God your poor feet!!! Glad the wine took care of any pain you might have had from the bites. I love Emma's pool, it's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can stand baby girl, get up and show me your p---y, touch it for me and rub yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree lets so your lovely fat baby slit, wanking to baby is the best

    ReplyDelete