Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Emma at 2 years 3 months

Wanted to post a little update about Emma and her behavior before baby sissy arrives and time gets away from me. Here is a list of things most likely to come out of her mouth:

- "Momma, momma, momma." I swear she says this a thousand times a day. She is constantly seeking for my attention.
- "No, momma, no!" She has hit the stage where she wants to do everything herself. She will say this before I even try to help her do something in anticipation that I may interfere.
- "What's that?" She has hit her inquisitive stage and wants to know what everything is. I am sure that this will soon be followed by "why"
- "Buzz, Jessie, Woody later?" Her favorite movie is now Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and is constantly asking to watch it.
- "Lexie, Chase, Avery?" These are her bff's that she always wants to play with.
- "Baby sissy coming soon." We have been trying to prepare her for the arrival and she talks about it all the time.

A few new things that she does:
- Loves to dress herself. This is often where the "no, momma, no!" comes in when I try to help her. She does a good job, although it takes her a while. I also have to help with things not being backwards/inside out which often ends in a battle.
- Recently started getting in and out of her carseat herself. She can climb all the way up into my 4Runner, which means I need to be more diligent at keeping it clean so that she doesn't get filthy climbing in.
- Climbs up into her booster seat for meals.
- She now likes ketchup eats it on her hot dogs and chicken nuggets. She often asks for it on other food too.

She continues to be a very picky eater. She lives off from chicken nuggets (she asks for these every meal), oatmeal, macaroni and cheese or as she calls it "roni cheese", hot dogs, waffles with peanut butter, yogurt and fruit. I try to cook her decent meals with veggies and she refuses to eat them. By refuse I mean she will literally spit it out or "gag" it up. She has this voluntary gag thing now to spit up her food. At first I thought she was choking but soon realized that she has total control over it. She will be happy to not eat anything at all if I only offer healthy food. This is the biggest source of my frustration, along with the fact that she lolligags at every meal and they take 30 - 45 minutes. I feel like I fight with her every meal time. UGH! She also loves ice cream and of course cookies.

She has a new favorite stuffed animal - "Teddy Bear." It is a teddy bear that has been sitting on top of her bookshelf since she was born. She recently started asking for it and I gave it to her. She carries it everywhere including to bed at night and meals. She loves to play with her stuffed animals and babies and is often found putting them down for a nap on her bed with a blankie on top. She also feeds them and occasionally tries to put a diaper on them. She likes to put them in the baby swing too and turn it on.

She has been coloring a lot lately, but has had a hard time learning her colors (where I feel everything else has come so easily for her). If you ask her what color something is she will go through the list of colors until she happens to be right. She is not consistent at all with them. She can also now count to 15.

She loves to read and is often found reading by herself. Her favorite book this week is "Moo, Baa, La La La" by Sandra Boynton. She asks for me to read it over and over at night. And then she will "read" it to me.

That's all for now. We are on baby watch. I went to the doctor today and I am already 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. She could come at anytime! Her estimated weight is 8lb already! We can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment