Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brave Emma

Emma and I had a dentist appointment this week. She was SO excited to go and have her teeth cleaned. She asked all week if we were going to the dentist that day. Then she would say "I am a big girl. I am going to have my teeth cleaned at the dentist. Sissy's not a big girl. She can't have her teeth cleaned." When we got there I had my teeth done first and she watched me. When it was her turn she immediately said "I am not getting in the chair." She started whimpering and clinging to me. I told her that big girls have to get their teeth cleaned and bribed her with Chik Fil A for lunch. (We had 2 showings on our house that day so we had to be out of it at lunch time anyway. I figured I would use this to my advantage and try a little bribery.) She was VERY nervous but climbed in the chair and proceeded to follow all the directions of the hygienist. She let her clean all of her teeth and then brush them too. It was absolutely hilarious to see the hygienist brush her teeth with the electric brush because Emma couldn't control her tongue and it was following the little brush all around. She did such a good job - a huge improvement from last year when she screamed bloody murder the entire time. My little girl is growing up!!
Check out the cool star sunglasses she got to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment