Friday, April 24, 2009

Emma Standing

As I said before, Emma is standing ALL the time now. The other day when I went to go and get her from her nap I saw her standing in her crib for the first time. I was so happy for her, cheering her on, telling her she is such a strong girl. I couldn't help but cheer for her and think she was so adorable standing on her own. Since then there are many reasons why the standing is no longer cute and adorable. Here are just a few:
1) Today during her nap I heard a loud crash followed by crying. I ran in to see what happened. While standing in her crib, Emma reached for her mobile and proceeded to pull it down and it broke and fell on top of her in the crib.
2) Yesterday as I was trying to scrub the bathroom floor (don't ever try to do this with your toddler near - BIG mistake) she couldn't help but want to pull up to stand on the bucket of water. Then she wanted to keep dipping her fingers into the Lysol water - UCK!
3) Also as I was trying to scrub the floor, and when I could get her away from the bucket, she was pulling to stand at the tub. Now that she can proficiently stand she was also able to crawl up onto the first step into the tub. I had to keep stopping the scrubbing and pulling her down because the next step was actually taking a header into the tub.
4) As I am trying to type this on the couch she has pulled up to stand next to me to visit and keeps reaching for the computer keys so that she can play with the big shiny toy.
5)Now she can open the cupboards and not only reach the bottom shelf, but can reach the second and third shelf up as well. It is way past time for us to get the child safety locks on the cupboards.
6) Our kitchen trash doesn't have a lid and we don't have a closet to keep it in. Now that she stands, Emma like to stand up at the trash and pick out anything that is on top and throw it onto the floor. EUWW!

With all that being said, Jay and I still find it amazing how fast our love bug is growing and changing. It is so much fun to watch her development. We are extremely blessed to have such a healthy, beautiful little girl. We both are excited for when she can walk. Will she be able to by her first birthday?????
Here are a couple pictures and video of her standing to see her toys:


Mommy and Emma were playing. She was rocking and I surrounded her with her toys. She couldn't figure out what was going on.
Her favorite place - looking out the back window



No comments:

Post a Comment