Friday, January 27, 2012

DIY Project

After recovering from all of our family illnesses, we have had a relaxing January. The weather has been mild and we have even been able to play outside on multiple occasions which makes both the girls and myself extremely happy. We love to be outside! I have found myself dabbling in two different hobbies.

First of all, I love taking pictures of my girls! I have been wanting to take a photography class for a long time and Jay's schedule finally permitted me to take a day for a class. My friend Jenn took the class with me which was about learning the basics of our DSLR cameras. It turned out to be an awesome class and I learned so much about what everything means and all about the different settings and the "why" behind it all. I can now take the camera off from the "automatic" setting and explore all it has to offer in the "manual" setting. YAY!! I also learned that there is SO MUCH MORE that I don't know. I am in the beginning stages of learning my camera but just really love being able to manipulate it a bit. I took some pictures of the girls in my "manual" mode. Most are just of them being silly around the house.
Girls love the empty boxes

Is there anything sweeter than a baby "reading" books?!? Notice the book is upside down:)




Emma loves her puzzles
Anna playing dress up with mommy's scarf and daddy's hat
It is now official. We have two princesses in our house. Anna wanted to dress up today and here Snow White herself is riding in on her own chariot.

I think I stated in my last post how Emma has been extremely interested in writing lately. This is by far her best creation and it just makes me so proud! One day she came to me with this paper in which she had written the words "Emma, Love, Mom, Anna, and Dad" all by herself without even asking how to spell them!This brings me to describe my second hobby as of late which is Pinterest. Oh My Goodness. Pinterest has swallowed me into the obyss and I have wasted many hours searching the site. For those of you who don't know what Pinterest is, it is an online pinboard of sorts. You can search and find everything from recipes, to craft projects, fashion ideas, photography inspiration and the list goes on. You can then pin your favorite finds to your own board to go back to later. I have tried multiple recipes (which have all been good), small craft projects for the girls, and one recent big craft project for the play room. Emma's beautiful artwork has been stacking up and no longer fits on the fridge and I found an awesome idea on Pinterest. See the pictures below for my Pinterest inspired art display.

This picture also shows the new storage that we got for the play room that we oh so desperately needed.
That's about it for now! Jay has been working long hours with the labor contract negotiations so we will be happy when that is over. Otherwise I have posted a few silly videos for your viewing pleasure:) The first one is Anna dancing. I know I have probably posted her dancing a million times but I seriously laugh out loud every time I watch her. I think it is just so darn cute how as Jay and I would say "she does the squat. Do the squat Anna, do the squat." She has added a new move of walking around in a circle.


I was trying to get a video of Anna doing her "new trick" that I talked about in my last post. Emma was upset because she wanted to be in it. So she decided to sing a song for your viewing pleasure:) She demanded me to let her wear her Halloween jammies tonight and notice the nice sunglasses at night. Her teacher told me again yesterday that she is "strong willed." I agree with that.

Anna's new trick is that she loves to blow kisses. Despite multiple attempts I didn't get a good video of this, although she gives you a modified version in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment