Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Lately "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" pretty much sums up most of our days. Emma is definately in her terrible two's and has become devious and defiant. Some days I feel like all that I do is put her in time out because she won't listen to me. She will look me in the eye, say "NO" and then laugh. UGH! She is in time out so much that she now puts her dolls and toys in time out. The other day she told Jay to go to time out! She loves her baby sister and is always concerned about her well being. She, however, refuses to listen to her parents. She fights us on just about everything - eating, going potty, putting on shoes, picking up toys, going to bed, and on and on. She has also taken a complete turn for the worse when eating out. She used to be the angel child and always well behaved when out in public restaurants. Lately, she won't sit still and gets up and down and up and down and takes her shoes on and off. She doesn't listen when we tell her to sit like a big girl and instead turns around in her chair and watches the people behind us. UGH!

With all of that being said she can still be so darn irresistable! She can be very sweet and innocent. She will come and ask "Can I have my milk please?" and then say "Thank you" in her sweet little voice. She is very good at saying please and thank you. She lives to play outside with her friends. She loves riding her bike (It is a borrowed Elmo bike from the neighbor. She wants a bike from Santa.) She is getting very smart - counts to 20, knows her colors (although she tries to pretend that she doesn't know them) and when I pick her up from her mothers day out she tells me everything she learned that day. She also loves to read and is often found reading books alone.

Here is a little example from yesterday
The Good: I picked Emma from school and asked "What did you learn today?" She replied confidently "The letter I." "I is for worm." I thought - no I isn't for worm - but realized they probably taught her inchworm. AH my smart little girl.

The Bad: Emma didn't want to leave school when I came to pick her up. She threw a minor temper tantrum throwing herself onto the floor and crying.

The Ugly: We had to leave dinner 3/4 of the way through because Emma couldn't follow directions. We told her if she couldn't sit like a big girl she would go out to the car and not get a cupcake. She had to leave and we buckled her in the car and let her cry it out for 5 minutes. It also happened to be my birthday dinner:(

I know this is just a stage in her life and it will probably all too quickly pass, but whew it is hard to deal with. Jay and I both believe in discipline and want to correct her bad behavior as it happens.

Anna is still struggling with reflux....I think it will last awhile longer. May call the pediatrician to see if they can change the dose of her Prevacid. On a brighter note she did sleep 7 hours last night:) This makes mommy really happy!

Enjoy the pictures below. Some are from my NEW DSLR camera. I have wanted one forever and since my point and shoot camera had been dropped multiple times (by an unnamed 2 yr old) with multiple functions no longer working it was time to get a new camera. I decided to take the plunge and get the one I wanted. Don't have a clue how to use all of the functions but am learning (Thank You to my friend Jamie who is really helping me out with this!!)

Emma riding her bike
Movie night at the neigbors. All the kids watched Toy Story 3 on their big screen put up on the garage door. Fun times! These are the adults.
The kiddos






Mom's BFF 4 Ever! (Most days:)




Our diva in high heels







  1. "Mommy Save Me"





    Funny faces with her pals Lexie and Chase

    MMMM Pizza! Say "CHEESE"

    10 weeks already!





    SWEET sleeping Anna



    Sweet sleeping Emma




    Anna all bundled after being outside










No comments:

Post a Comment