Friday, March 27, 2009

The Thankless Job Of Being A Mom

I took Emma to the pediatrician on Wednesday and he said that she has a double ear infection. Since she had one two weeks ago when we went there he said that they probably never went away. She has been feeling very bad and it has been extremely evident. The poor thing also has diarrhea. I was home with her yesterday and kept trying to cuddle with her because she looked so bad. She wanted nothing of it. She was only happy if I was holding her and walking around the house - she loves to be in motion. Since she is 20 lb now, my arm was sooo tired. Every time I tried to sit with her she cried and every time I put her on the floor she cried. It was such an exhausting day. Add on top of that the fact that I had to keep changing poopy diapers, poopy clothes, and poopy sheets. After a while I just gave up and left her in her diaper.

After Jay got home she proceeded to poop on the floor. I cleaned her up and handed her to Jay so that I could clean the floor and this is what she did:



That little stinker!!! I tried to cuddle with her all day and she wanted nothing of it. The minute I gave her to Jay she laid her head on his shoulder. She even smiled at me when I went to take the picture as if to say: "Ha ha mommy.....I like to snuggle with daddy better!!!" We couldn't help but laugh. It is a good thing that she is so darn cute.
It is definately a thankless job being a mom, but worth every minute of it. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor poor Emma!! We'll say a little prayer for her that she feels better very soon!
    Oh, poor poor mommy cleaning up poop all day long :( (i'm sure my day will come).

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete